January 3, 2014

2014: Intentional

in•ten•tion•al (ɪnˈtɛn ʃə nl)
adj.
1. done with intention or on purpose; intended: an intentional compliment.
2. of or pertaining to intention or purpose.


My word for 2014 is intentional. I'd like to be intentional about everything: My relationships, my words, my career, my blogging, my photography, my life. It is so easy to breeze through each and every day without much consideration for all that this life has to offer. I want to be intentional about giving thanks and appreciating what each day brings.

2014 has a lot of potential for Matt and I. I graduate with my masters in May, we both will be on the job hunt. We may move, we may stay where we are, we may be homeless, we may have a home. There is a lot of unknown for 2014, but what I can do is be intentional about praying, about loving others and about appreciating the now.

Another large aspect of being intentional this year will revolve around the words that come from my mouth. Are they encouraging, loving and supportive? Are they honest and true? Are they words that uplift others and bring joy to the ears that hear them? I can be very quick with my tongue, and my husband receives the brunt of the wickedness that I'm capable of producing. There is no doubt that Matt hears judgement and criticism in many of the words I direct at him. How sad is that? The person I love most receives the least. It's time to be intentional. 


January 1st: Gouda weighs in
13lbs= our big boy


January 2nd: Northern Ohio is a blizzard


1 comment:

  1. Glad to have found a kindred spirit!! Hope your year is as 'intentional' as mine!! x

    ReplyDelete