July 10, 2009

A Day Off With My Love


What a beautiful summer it is turning out to be. The coolness of this summer has been a little bit refreshing, maybe a little too much at times, but we have had some really amazing days. Most days I work. But I do work in a vacation community, bustling with people who are beach bound and ready to relax. The feeling definitely rubs off, and I have recently been craving the 'vacationers' day.

Yesterday Matt decided to surprise me with just that... a one day "staycation"! Matt surprised me with buying a tandem kayak. Something we have been talking about buying for a good while. We packed a lunch and headed to the beach with Matt's (our) new kayak and swim suits. We were able to paddle around Lake Erie where we enjoyed some rougher water that really got our arms moving. There was not a cloud in the sky... and we thoroughly enjoyed our day of fun.

We then spent the evening making dough for pizza. Matt has this awesome way of making some amazing pizza. He cooks it on the grill... and it tastes wonderful. So we enjoyed some homemade grilled pizza followed by the move, "He's Just Not That In to You". Ha, a good movie, and one that was fun to watch with someone I'm in love with and will be spending the rest of my life with. (because Matt is "That In to Me" :).) No more dating struggles. Thank goodness. :)

I had such a great day. It left me wishing our staycation was 6 days longer. But back to work I went today, as did Matt. We are so excited to spend the rest of the summer kayaking Lake Erie. I could not have asked for a better surprise.

We are so blessed and I am so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment