February 16, 2012

February 16th 2008

Matt finally convinced me to go on a date with him on February 16, 2008. You see, he pursued me for a good while--maybe over a year? Finally the love bug bit me on Valentine's Day, however being the ridiculous person that I am, I said a first date on Valentine's Day would just be too cliche. So I told him February 16th would be much better. Who was I kidding, I already knew I wanted him as my Valentine, I just thought he should wait it out a little longer. Since that first date we have been together. What was really neat about our dating situation was that we already knew everything about each other by the time we knew we were "more" than just friends. He was my best guy friend for four years prior to dating, we told each other everything, so once it was time to date we were both very aware of what we were getting ourselves into. We already knew the baggage, the former boyfriends and girlfriends, the families, we knew it all. So once we were officially dating, it didn't take long for us to know that "this" was "it".

This is what four years ago looked like:


And this is the surprise I got for our one year of dating, dorm style and all:




Complete with a one year photo session as well. Oh young love is the best:





No comments:

Post a Comment