May 17, 2012

A Place Like This

Do you have one of those places that calls your name for a visit--a place that holds so much beauty and peace that you are constantly called to its presence?

After being away from my parents home and the home that first served as our weekend cottage since 6th grade--I'm always quickly filled with memories, peace and joy just by being 'here'.

It didn't take me long after pulling into the driveway to find myself sneaking to the front yard to catch a glimpse of the view that always calls me home. The water calm as could be--and beautiful as always, I found my place.

Just a few moments to myself, to reconnect with the Lake I love. Just a few moments to thank God for his beauty and for the opportunity to live in the place we do. Just a few moments to remember why I call this place home.



Because of the preparation for the tourist season here on the Lake I came home from Athens without Matt for a week or so to work for the World Next Door, a Fair Trade store in Lakeside, OH. I am quite sad to be away from Matt. This will be the longest we have been away from each other since being married.  We are huge fans of being together--so not having him by my side each night is just no fun.

But I came home to a place I love. I'm with my wonderful parents. Spending sunny afternoons in the warm sun-room and taking moments to look at the beautiful view. Matt and I are really blessed to have been asked back by our previous employers for another summer. We are really lucky that my parents are thrilled to have our company for a couple months and I am beyond grateful that Matt is willing to call P.C. his home primarily for my sake :). He knows how much I love my parents and being back in my comfort zone. I am truly thankful for the opportunity to be home this summer with Matt and working with Ali. I'm so glad God had our plans figured out for us yet again.



 




I am so thankful to spend my summers in a place like this.








16 comments:

  1. This looks magical! I love finding "secret" places to call my own :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty magical :) and simply special. Thank you so so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to meet people through comments. I loved hopping over to your blog as well!

      Delete
  2. wow it looks so beautiful! It reminds me of my grandma's cabin we've been using for the same purpose my whole life. Found you at Crowley Party :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping in! There is just something about a 'cottage' or a 'cabin'... I hope to share this place with my kids someday. Thanks for finding me through Crowley Party--I love meeting new people and finding new blogs! Thanks again! :)

      Delete
  3. I totally know what you are talking about. we have this park near us in Northern VA and when my husband and I take our son Judah for walks there I always tell him "this is Gods place" the forest and trail wrap around this gorgeous lake and whenever we walk in the woods you feel this sacred calm that just seeps right into your heart :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh this is just beautiful! I can't wait to someday show my children this place... I can't imagine them not knowing what I have been able to experience here. Thank you for stopping by my blog, for commenting and for allowing me to find your blog. Please stick around :) Happy weekend to ya!

      Delete
  4. Found your blog on the link up. That lake looks amazing! My favourite place is my parents home, its in the country about 6 hours from Sydney and is just my piece of heaven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First I must say I'm extremely excited to have a comment from someone on the other side of the world! Thank you for stopping in and for commenting. Though I love my view here--it is a dream to go to Australia...now those views have to be breath taking. Thanks again for the comment!

      Delete
  5. wow what absolutely beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a nice treat so be able to live here in the summer :) Thanks for stopping in!

      Delete
  6. My husband and I hadn't spent a day apart in 3 1/2 years of marriage until March, when I traveled back to Ca for 2 weeks to be with my family. We both BAWLED the first 2 days but then it got better :) What a beautiful place to be, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being away is tough! Life is just more fun with your best friend around all the time. :)

      Thanks for stopping in and commenting!

      Delete
  7. What a gorgeous day - and I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you :) and thanks for stopping in and taking the time to comment :)

      Delete
  8. looks like a perfect day! found you via the wiegands ! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for finding me through the Wiegands! :) Hoppin' over to your blog now!

      Delete