1. The last week or so I have been back to my same summer job that I have had for four years. Not only do I get to hang out with Ali all summer long but I also work in a Fair Trade retail store in Lakeside, OH called the World Next Door. It has been so amazing to be back in Lakeside and working with a family I adore. There I get the opportunity to talk about my faith freely, to share what God has been doing in my life--and to relish in the chance to be a part of something such as Lakeside. (Lakeside is a small gated summer Chautauqua located on the shore of Lake Erie. It is a Methodist community with tons of opportunities for educational and spiritual growth. For someone like me with a passion for people, God and social justice--this place is home.)
And now I will get to the point of my confession.... God has been laying some serious Lakeside love on my heart. I'm not sure what exactly it means, but it currently is cultivating a desire to someday be a part of Lakeside is a larger way. Whether is be through professional employment in Lakeside, or owning a home there someday... I'm really not sure--but I can't help but imagine my children running free is the beauty of Lakeside; after a morning spent eating doughnuts from the patio and a few rounds of shuffle board. (check out The Chautauqua on Lake Erie: Lakeside)
Photo by: http://dennis-camp.smugmug.com
2. I don't love Ohio University. Matt's one year into his program and I'll start in the fall. I'm really hoping that once I am a student and more involved I will learn to love OU. I can not be more thankful for the opportunity and for the experiences that are drastically different from anything Matt and I have known before. But for right now, and to be really honest, I don't love it there. I love the people we know and the memories being made, but I don't love the area, the home we live in and the lack of comfort.
3. I want a new camera lens so bad that it's really all I think about purchasing. It's so silly. I have absolutely no need for this lens, it's purely a want, and yet I can't shake the desire to get my hands on this lens. Patience Katie, patience.
4. This Memorial Day weekend my entire family on my dad's side is down in North Carolina celebrating the wedding of my nephew--and yet I'm not there. Matt and I had to make the choice between working the busy holiday weekend up here on the Lake or take off and enjoy family time. I can't wait till we have the luxury of saying "No." to work and "Yes!" so all those special moments in life. Unfortunately we just need the money right now and could not justify taking off this weekend. Confession: I'm so bummed I'm not with my family; laughing till my belly hurts and all.
Proof of the fun I am missing:
5. Just like I mentioned in my previous post about Cravings I am really looking at babies and having a deep desire to have one of my own. There is so much I'm looking forward to in that chapter of life and some days I just wish that was where I was at. I don't think I take what I have now for granted though and I thoroughly enjoy being just "Matt and Me", but sometimes I picture little versions of Matt's running around and my heart swells.