August 9, 2012

AwardTime

So I have been nominated for the Liebster award by Sarah over at The Sweetness of Laughter! Check her out, because she is great! I have been nominated a few times in the last few months and feel terrible for not responding to the questions given to me by each nominator. Being busy and super random with my blog prevented me from just taking the time and answering the questions. Which is no fun on my part because I love reading about you all and learning new things about each of you. So I decided I'm going to take the time and answer some questions about myself. Thanks again to each of you who nominated me for this fun award. 

Tiffany over at Austin Family Diary and Sarah over at {mr.} & the {mrs.} nominated me previously. Sarah nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award, so I'm going to add those seven facts about myself here as well. Here is a big shout out to them and a huge thank you for complimenting me with a nomination.

Following are my responses to the Liebster Award


Here are the questions from Sarah @The Sweetness of Laughter. Sarah... Thank you for this. Thank you for praying for me and encouraging me with your words and insight through your blog. You seem far beyond your age :)

1. What was the first blog you read? The first blog I started to regularly read was Young House Love. I love those two over there. An adorable couple with a sweet little girl doing tons of awesome things to make their house a home. Go check 'em out! 

2. What’s your favorite season? By far Fall is my favorite season. After a hot summer I love a chilly night with the need for a sweatshirt. I love the smell of the brisk air, and I will always and forever associate Fall with football. And that is a good thing. 

3. Favorite sound in the world? Hm, this is an interesting question. Like a lot of people I associate music with certain events and happenings in life... and sometimes those things are sad or just not great. And other times they bring back fantastic memories. But if I'm going for a sound that always makes me feel good, it would be falling asleep to the rustle of trees and leaves in the fall. I love the sound, and then the nice cooling breeze that follows. Oh and I have to add that a good thunderstorm it amazing. 

4. What was your best high school memory? Well high school was a super interesting time for me. I'm not sure I ever really became who I should have. Man talk about awkward. Talk about trying to stay true to myself... eek. So I'm going to have to say that my senior year is my most favorite memory. Teachers really started to respect us as adults, they gave us a lot more responsibility and even treated us as friends. I also really enjoyed how close my class became. A class of only 65 students was a gift and a curse, but I do believe we all went out on top, loving our class, our school and each other. Yea CHS!

5.Which book have you read the most times? I enjoy reading a lot, but I'm not sure I have ever read a book more than once. I'm not one to repeat a book. I just always get too excited about diving into something new. 

6. Who is your best friend? My best friend in Matt, my husband. He was even my best guy friend far before we ever dated. He is rock solid. He loves me all the time. We talk about everything and support each other through everything. It's easy, it's natural, hey... it was meant to be. :)

7. Would you ever sky dive? NO! eek.

8. Do you sing more in the shower or in the car?
I would have to say the car. Then I'm absolutely sure no one can hear me.

9. Ice Cream or Froyo?
Both good. I'm not one to complain about delicious sweet and creamy goodness, but let's go for Ice Cream.

10. Did you ever have braces?
I never had braces. I'm still kind of amazed that I have such straight teeth naturally. I really lucked out. I hear so many horror stories about braces-- and I'm so thankful for the teeth God gave me.

11. Toilet paper: folded over or under?
Folded over. I think. It may switch up.



And now questions from Tiffany @Austin Family Diary. Tiffany you have been so fun to get to know and I am thankful for our blogging friendship! I love your support, encouragement and getting the chance to follow along with your journey.

 What is your favorite piece of jewelry (besides wedding ring if your married)? My favorite piece of jewelry would have to be the pearls my parents bought me for my wedding. I never thought I would be a pearl type of girl, but they just gave me the look I dreamed of on my wedding day. And I still find times to wear them now in my everyday style.


What is your favorite restaurant? What do you order there?  My favorite restaurant is called Schwarz Supper Club up in St. Anna, Wisconsin. Delicious beef and a great fun atmosphere. It also makes it extra special because we don't get the chance to go there very often, considering it is in Wisconsin and we are not :)

What is your favorite memory from childhood? My favorite childhood memory is climbing trees. I loved being in trees and when my family moved from an apartment to a house, I was thrilled to discover five large Maple trees in my front yard. So I hung out in trees... all the time. It think it was my retreat, who knew an eight year old needed a retreat?

What is your favorite book? This is tough. I think it might be Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller.

How do you spend your days off? Sleeping in a bit, getting outside if the weather is nice, blogging, editing photos and reading.
 
What is the biggest risk you've ever taken? I'd say that is a tie between signing up for a semester studying in the urban ghetto of Pittsburgh and accepting a position with A Christian Ministry in the National Parks--Acadia, Maine. Sheesh was Maine far away and this chica was homesick. Not good.

What are the must-haves in your kitchen (spices/drinks/kitchen tool??) Oh dear, I don't cook. I should probably shuffle this question off to my husband (yes, I know I am insanely spoiled). I do love our bright green KitchenAid mixer though. And I have used it before! :)

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? In five years I hope to have a family, be near family, own a home, and have a successful photography side business.

If you could meet any celebrity, who would it be? I really don't know. Maybe Michael Phelps? I have the Olympics on the brain.

What is your favorite season and why? Fall. It's cool, it smells wonderful. The colors are unbelievable. Football. And I'll always associate Fall with new beginnings. It goes back to the beginning of the school year, starting fresh.

What is your signature dish to make? Man, I should really start cooking, huh? If I'm going to be honest I'd have to say eggs of some sort. Easy, I know. That's why I'm good at it. But in our house our signature dish is Matt's signature dish--Mexican. And it's delicious. Black beans and saffron rice could be my everyday meal and I'd be happy.

And now for the Versatile Blogger Award. Like I said before I was nominated by Sarah@{mr.} & the {mrs.}, Thank you Sarah for thinking of me and following along with my journey. You and your hubby are just the cutest and I'm so thankful for our bloggy friendship.  


 Here is where I tell you seven things about myself. This should be interesting. 


 *I don't often bring this up, but I was a varsity basketball and football cheerleader in high school. It really doesn't fit my personality, but I loved supporting our sports teams and I loved cultivating school spirit. But yea... I was a cheerleader. Weird.


*I was baptized in the Jordan River in Israel/Palestine. Never in a million years did I think that would happen. But it did and I am so thankful for that special moment in my life.

*I'm obsessed with learning more about photography. I want to know everything, and I have to remind myself that it takes time and it takes money. But it's a hobby I love. I just simply love. So happy I found something that absorbs my interest and keeps me wanting to come back.

*I love food. I eat most foods, even the strange veggies that everyone stays away from. But I struggle to cook my own food and it's not because I don't know how, I come from a very fantastic cooking family, it's just that I can't look at my food during prep and still maintain an appetite. I have no idea why, obviously it's the worst with seeing raw meat and then trying to eat it only 20 mins. later. I really do wish I could get over this, but it only seems to get worse as I get older.

*Speaking of Veggies, I was born allergic to a million and one things. Like, legit. I struggled with dairy, fruits, vegetables, nuts as a kiddo. I can remember watching someone eat an apple and wondering what it felt like to enjoy such a fruit and not want to through up or itch my throat and ear tubes out. I have grown out of most allergies, raw fruits and veggies still give me a hard time, but cooking them helps to break down the enzymes that my body can't break down on it's own. However I still get tingly feelings in my throat and ears, but generally I can eat them and even enjoy them, I just have to watch how much I indulge in.

*I have a thyroid condition called Hashimoto's and will take medication for it forever. I love being a resource to others about my personal struggle with a thyroid disease so don't hesitate to contact me if you like support on your own health journey :)

*Only a few years ago I thought I would have all my children my age 30. Matt and I would like 3-4 kids and I'm not entirely sure how I ever thought I would manage to make this happen. I look back on our plan and laugh, because it clearly was not God's plan. I'm about to be 26 and babies are still a couple years away... unless I have quadruplets, I can safely say I'll be having babies in my thirties and that's okay too.

Now you know a little more about me! I have really enjoyed this bloggy award idea and am wondering why it took me so long to hop on this ship. Thanks again to the lovely ladies who nominated me. And to my other readers--check out their blogs, these ladies, just like all the other ladies in this fun bloggy world are just inspirational chica's. We all have these neat stories and I am so thankful we have decided to share a common space and allow others to join our story.

And for my nominations:

Michelle@Shell Bell
Michaela@Michaela Rae


Here are the Award Rules for the Liebster:

1. Each person must list 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the 11 questions that the tagger has set for you plus you MUST create 11 questions of  your own for the 11 people you will nominate with this award, which brings me to rule 3.
3. Choose up to 11 bloggers linking them to your post.
4. Go to their page and inform them of the nomination.
5. Absolutely NO tag backs.
6. Remember to ONLY tag bloggers with less than 200 followers

My questions for you--

1. What life experience has most impacted you and has helped make you who you are today?
2. Where do you go to get away, take a breather and rejuvenate?
3. When something happens in life, good or bad, who is the first person you want to call?
4. Favorite pizza toppings (assuming you like pizza)?
5. What makes you, you? Something physically, emotionally... (ex. for me it's my freckles.)
6. If you could go anywhere in the U.S., where would it be?
7. What is your ideal vacation? Hiking, camping, beach, Mts, hotels, pools, city, wilderness? 
8. What are some essentials in your pockets or purse?
9. What do you love most about blogging?
10. Would you say that blogging has added something special to your life? Do you value it as an outlet/resource? 
11. Is there a character in a book or movie that is most like you? Where you have watched/read about and thought--'man, that is my life.'

And for the Versatile Blogger Award:

1 - thank the blogger who nominated you.
2 - include a link to their site.
3 - include the award image in your post.
4 - give 7 random facts about yourself.
5 - nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
6 - when nominating, include a link to their site.
7 - let other bloggers know they've been nominated.

And that's it for me folks. Dang, this was long. And I hope no one is terribly upset that I nominated the same people for two different awards. Feel free to participate if you like ladies, if not, that's cool too.

 

3 comments:

  1. Love it! I'm glad you decided to complete the post. Great answers to my questions by the way :)

    ♥Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! Thanks for answering :) Jealous of your green KitchenAide! One day I will own one...SO cool that you were baptized in Israel. And I love love love your pearls! You look gorgeous in that pic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for nominating me! :-) I love your answers and the questions you came up with too. I've got a big move coming up but I'll see if I can find time to respond. I've never done one of these before and it looks fun.

    ReplyDelete