November 3, 2012

Like a Hurricane

On facebook I am friends with one of my friends mom. She has been posting updates on a young woman--19 years old--from her church who discovered just six months ago that she had an aggressive form of cancer.

This beautiful and what seemed to be vibrant young lady had her world flipped upside down. Over the past several months I have followed along with her and her families journey through a blog they keep; so many moments of positive hope and genuine faith in the Lord, followed by moments of sadness as the evil and ugly of this earth continued to plague her body.

Just this past week was a plea for all the prayers they could get: prayers for God's Will, His peace, His antidote to pain, for His presence.

In one of the blog postings from this past week the family shared these lyrics by David Crowder. These were the words the family sung to her as her lungs progressively got worse and worse:

And He is jealous for me, loves like a hurricane
I am a tree bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy  
When all of a sudden I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory and I realize just how beautiful You are  
And how great Your affections are for me  

Oh, how He loves, yeah, He loves us 
Oh, how He loves us, oh, how He loves us 
Oh, how He loves
 
And we are His portion and He is our prize  

Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes  
If His grace is an ocean, we're all sinking
 

And heaven meets earth like an unforeseen kiss  
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest I don't have time to maintain these regrets


These words... these words just draw me to tears. The force and majesty of His love for us....

We sang this song on our wedding day with all our loved ones. 

And this young girls family sang these words during her last week of life on this earth.

This girl, this stranger to me, has changed me and revived me in ways I'll never be able to fully understand. 

Thank you Emilee.  






No comments:

Post a Comment