September 21, 2013

27 & Counting

Birthday's are weird.

Obviously we age. Year by year we get to add another number to our total number of years here on this earth. But what happens when you never really thought about life past a certain number? For me I've never really thought about life past 25. Who knows why. I think there is just so much 'expected' to happen in your early twenties that you forget to look beyond it all.

Yesterday I turned 27. That means 30 is only 3 years away. Which is actually really cool.

If I had ever thought to think about my 27th birthday prior to it actually happening, I would never have guessed that I would be in my second year of graduate school. I especially never would have thought that I'd be hanging out in the library writing the first chapter of my capstone seminar paper.

So age and birthdays are weird. We have an expectation of where we will be, but then there is the whole reality of where we actually are.

And I'm okay with it.

I will say though, I thought I'd have kids by now. Probably a house I owned. More money. A career. Kinda funny huh?

But I like this plan. The one we are a part of. The one we didn't plan, but the one that was planned for us. This one is working out just fine, and probably better than the plan my 17 year old self laid out before I really knew anything about life.

I don't have babies, but I have a puppy. I don't own a house, but I live in one with my most favorite person in the world. I don't have a career, but I have an education. I don't have much money, but I've got enough.

27 is fine by me.




Birthday Muffin.



1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love those last few sentences of your post! So true! I hope 27 is good to you. :) Love your puppy pics!

    ReplyDelete