September 27, 2009

bir-tday, bir-tday (as Matt would say)

So I turned 23. This is going to be quite the coming year for me. Married and most likely moving away! I am very excited and can't wait to see what God has in store for me.

But yes, I had a great birthday with Matt. He surprised me with dinner and a beautiful peridot necklace. I love it. And I loved being with him.

The day before my birthday we went to Cedar Point and saw a Point Fest concert. We saw Brandon Heath, Bluetree, Family Force 5 and Toby Mac. It really was an awesome day. I am so thankful for being able to go to that!

Being that the air is starting to smell like fall and feel clean and brisk, it is obvious that summer is ending and winter is just right around the corner. This is sometimes hard for me to acknowledge, being that I am just dreading winter. Not entirely sure why. And with Matt and I... we thought the off season of summer would be our less busy time, but it turns out that we are busier than we ever thought we would be. ugh. Such is life.

I think I am really just ready for this wedding. We are at the 10 month mark now. I am sure it is going to fly by and I want to enjoy all the planning and pre-wedding bliss, but sometimes I just want Matt to be able to come home from work (@ like 11:30pm) and curl up with me in bed. Our schedules are so opposite I feel like bed would be our meeting place. I guess my real hope is that we get the kind of jobs we are hoping for come next July, that allow us to have a similar schedule. For all those couples and marriages out there who have to do the 1st and 2nd shift marriage and are happy, I give you so much credit and respect, it is a hard lifestyle to have to live. But I suppose we all have to do what we have to do in order to make money and prepare for our futures.

So that was my little tantrum. I think time is a beautiful thing. I just wish I could love the slowness of it as well as the fastness of it.

Fall is my favorite season. I don't want to wish that away...
bonfires and s'mores anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment